The people of Keynsham are being asked to help influence the design of a new clock tower in Keynsham.
The town's landmark tower was pulled down last year as part of a £34 million redevelopment of the area around the town hall.
Three artists have been shortlisted to design a replacement tower and their proposals are now being put on display.
B&NES Council, which is behind the redevelopment, says it wants the new tower to be in place by next April.
Leader Councillor Paul Crossley (Lib Dem, Southdown) said: "The council is very pleased to support this important addition to the civic centre area, which will form a focus for the town. I'm looking forward to seeing the exhibition of shortlisted designs."
The shortlisted artists are sculptor Sebastien Boyesen, metalworker Jon Mills and clock designers and manufacturers, Smith of Derby.
Town councillor Lisa O'Brien, chair of the Keynsham Arts Advisory Group, said: "We will be asking for feedback from residents, business owners and frequent visitors to our town and do everything possible to ensure that the voting process is fair and impartial."
The successful artist will go on to work with the community to finalise details.
The exhibition is being held next door to the Keynsham Town Council offices until Wednesday and then moves to the Key Centre at Keynsham Methodist Church in Charlton Road, where it will be from May 9-15.