Three elderly people were duped by thieves in separate distraction burglaries in Bath last month.
Police are reminding people, especially those that are vulnerable, to not let strangers or cold-callers into their homes.
The first incident happened in Englishcombe Lane on November 12, when a man and woman tricked their way into the home of an 89-year-old man living alone.
They told him they were from Age Concern and had come to look at fitting handrails, but once they were inside the property they stole his wallet.
The woman is described a white, around 30 years old, 5ft 4ins tall and with medium-length hair.
The man was around 45, 6ft tall, with dark hair and dark features and stained teeth.
The second took place in Wedmore Park, Southdown, on November 21, and involved an 86-year-old man.
He was alone at home when a man called claiming to be from the water board needing to check the stop-cock.
He was allowed in, and while he was at work another man came in.
The owner challenged him and both men left.
It was later found that several hundred pounds in cash had been stolen.
The man claiming to be from the water board was aged 40 to 50, about 5ft 8ins tall, of medium build and wearing a yellow coat.
The third incident happened at Morley Terrace in Twerton on November 30, at around 4.30pm.
A man claiming to be from the council called at the home of a 73-year-old woman.
He said he needed to see where to fit an intercom system, and while he was in the house he stole the woman's handbag containing a large amount of cash.
He was white, in his 20s, with light brown hair and wearing a khaki-coloured coat and carrying an orange Sainsburys plastic bag.
Bath police say the burglaries do not appear to be connected.
They are appealing for any information and advising people never to allow strangers into their home.
For more advice please see the crime reduction and community safety pages on www.avonandsomerset.police.uk.
Image may be NSFW.
Clik here to view.