Former Bath City striker Kaid Mohamed is set to leave Cheltenham Town, with a host of npower League 1 and 2 clubs queuing up for his signature.
Robins boss Mark Yates held meetings with all of his players last week and he is due to speak to all those out of contract again today, having now been given his playing budget by chairman Paul Baker.
Mohamed is one of seven remaining members of Yates' squad whose deals expire this summer, not including Steve Elliott who agreed a one-year extension last Wednesday.
The others are Russ Penn, Darryl Duffy, Darren Carter, Bagasan Graham, Harry Hooman and young goalkeeper Connor Roberts.
Yates said he admired Mohamed's honesty in their initial discussion and admitted he is preparing to lose the lightning-quick Welshman, who has spent two seasons at the Abbey Business Stadium.
"I said I would be making an offer to Mo, but I didn't know where I was money-wise and we were very honest with each other," Yates said.
"He genuinely said he has loved it here and that he has enjoyed working with everyone, myself and Neil (Howarth) included, but at this moment in time he doesn't see his future at this club.
"It's great that he was open and honest and I'd rather that than have him feeding me lines about wanting to stay when his agent is doing this, that and the other to get him away.
"I respect that and he's been here two years, which is probably the most he's ever done at a football club."
Yates signed Mohamed from AFC Wimbledon in the summer of 2011 after he had finished the 2010-11 campaign with the Blue Square Bet Premier play-off winners having joined them from City.
He has previously been on the books of Swindon Town, Torquay United (loan) and Forest Green Rovers.
He scored 11 goals during his first season at Cheltenham, following it up with seven this term, including the dramatic late winner in the FA Cup at Hereford United to earn the Robins a third-round home tie against Everton.
Yates said: "I will still class him as someone I'll get on with because we've always seen eye to eye and I have a lot of time for him.
"He's been great for me for two seasons and I just respect his honesty, because he's had offers from one or two League 1 clubs and lots of clubs in our league – at least he had the guts to tell me to my face and we shook hands.
"That said, he'll still be getting a call from me offering him something today) because I think he's worth that, but as things stand I don't think he'll be here next season."
↧